Tuesday 2 June 2009

Feelin' Hot, Hot, Hot!

IT'S TOO F**KING HOT!!!!!

And as a cursed ginger, my skin doesn't like the sun! I only come in two varieties: pale or RED! And since neither is socially acceptable to walk around in public I must remain hidden under mounds of clothing, thus just making me sweat out and cook in my own juices... don't worry, at this rate I'll be ready in time for your Christmas dinner.

Anyway, I come to you on the eve of the eve of the eve of the eve of the eve of the eve of the eve of the eve of the eve of the eve of the eve of the eve of the eve of the eve of the eve of the eve of the eve of the eve of the eve of the eve of the 20th anniversary of my birthing. (And yes, that is accurate, I did actually count the number of times I pasted what I copied.)

So as you can imagine... well, nothing really. I'm not that big on birthdays. Well, I am on the basis of other people's birthdays in which case I'll make them feel loved. As for my own birthday, I couldn't really care less and get exceptionally annoyed when people try to make me feel special and loved for one day a year!

The escapades with the video camera operating trying-to-get-working-on-a-computer fiasco...ness has taken a backseat for now. Not just any back seat, I'm likening this to the back seat of a bus or a coach... you know, the like the row of five seats right at the back that you try to get when you're the first on the coach for a school trip somewhere...

I've come to realise that after all the madness of spendage and wastage of money on certain electrical items which haven't helped in the slightest, the next thing on the list to try is just yet another cable type thingy (but this time, a different cable type thingy... oh yes)which will only set me back about a tenner. But hey, I really can't be bothered right now. What with the antics of the last month or so.

Excessive amounts of college work, topped off with excessive amounts of supermarket work, with a side helping of illness thrown in for extra measure. Incidentally, the illness came immediately after a night of moderate drinking and settling with what I have come to realise is one of my favourite annual guilty pleasures, that ole Eurovision Song Contest. I've actually noticed myself in the days afterwards (I was hopelessly trapped in bed with nay but this 'ere laptop for company after all) was how addicted I was getting to it, and how many rather strange beings out there (stranger than myself which is what I find strange) had managed to upload every single video of a song onto Ye Olde Tube of the You variety within mere hours. Needless to say, I had violins in my head for days afterwards and a tendency to burst into mock-French singing with added throat 'gargles' (for want of a better word) just to make it sound authentic. In hindsight, I guess it did help with getting rid of that excess phlegm from my week long cold...

Anyway yeah, that's pretty much it from the last month... up to the point where the industrial air conditioner in work is now my new best friend and arms are on the pinkish side of a glorious "don't-slap-me-there-or-I-swear-to-God-I'll-cry" sunburn.

I just realise that if I wanted to sign off with the initials from Hardly Amazing it would read "HA". That's not to say I find the fact that you read this entire time-wasting post absolutely hilarious, it's actually me just ending the post. Although I do find it rather odd that anyone reading this would actually read all the way through a random person's blog post. I guess that's what the Internet was invented for. Someone clearly never took mummy's advice when they we're told to "never talk to strangers".

So HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment