Monday 4 January 2010

You Wait Months For A Blog Post And Then Two Come Along At Once!

Although, whoever 'you' may be, bless you for actually reading this.

Anyway, onto the crux of the matter. I couldn't come up with anything for yesterday's addition other than it was the first post of 2010. Admittedly, I sort of regret doing it since it's so short and pointless, but then again that sort of contradicts my "No Regrets" outlook on life. Besides, maybe it's the short pointless ones that are best, I don't know, I tend not to do them. Maybe I should do more though, it would certainly fill out the space and make it at least look 'lived in'.

And going off on another tangent (oh yes, it's gonna be one of those ones), the "No Regrets" approach to life just makes such sense to me. Sure bad things happen in your life (in fact, it just so happens that "Shit Happens, Deal With It" comes in at number 2 in my philosophy chart) but it's the summation of every occurence in your life that moulds and shapes you into the person you are today. So enjoy the good moments, look back at the bad moments and mistakes, learn from them and move on. "Life's Too Fucking Short" (our highest new entry in at number 3).

Back to the point I was originally trying to make until I was rudely interrupted by myself and my ever-sidetracking brain, lately with my adventures in the field of filmmaking, I've been pondering whether to do video blogs of myself either rambling or talking attempts at humorous stories/anecdotes/etc... However, I'm at a stage of 'cold feet' now ,since I have the equipment to produce such material yet my lack of confidence in myself doesn't seem to be pushing me forward into actually sitting myself in front of the camera and reeling off what I might consider to be funny but others may find excruciatingly dull!

Do I bite the virtual bullet and just do it, and if I make an ass of myself then it becomes a case of "oh well, No Regrets"? Or should I maybe consider other routes to inject humour into videos before broadcasting them to the world (i.e. carefully plan myself, aka "Slow And Steady Wins The Race" [#4])?

Discuss if you're there.

No comments:

Post a Comment