Sunday 5 September 2010

Oh Yes, I See How We Got There Now

I do, of course, feel as though I've made it in the Internet world. At least to some degree. I mean let's face it, in the vast majority of things I'm still an unknown wandering the wilderness of anonymity with the only company coming from my RL peeps (that's the people I know in "real life" in case any non-geeks were wondering). Not saying I don't like my RL friendlies, cos obviously I'm glad they're around, but still it would be nice to branch out a little on the Internet and touch the lives of some other wandering soul on the other side of the world. Why? Well, for the poops and giggles really... but most importantly to say that I CAN!

My best attempt at reaching out to those with a common interest is the currently ongoing (but almost nearing completion) task of displaying my skills at playing Spyro The Dragon (yes, that one what was made like 12 years ago) cos, you know, surely there's some lonely bored kid searching YouTube for odd videos related to the old game cos, you know, I am usually that lonely bored kid searching YouTube for odd videos related to the old game.

Despite my best efforts at notifying the good people at YouTube Towers that the material is not owned by my good self and have instead listed the folks who made that there game all that time ago, they kindly decided to notify me that the videos of me playing Spyro The Dragon contains music from Spyro The Dragon leading to a couple o' wee advertising banners popping up in the lower fifth of the frame. Banners including (last I checked) a link to iTunes for the music that one could pay for and download legally to enjoy at their own will, as well as an ad for enrolling in American colleges.

Purple dragon...mystical fantasy world...American college, oh yes, I see how we got there now.

Don't worry fellow geeks, the videos still exist in their current forms and I am not to be subjected to any torturous endeavours or fall victim to any Satanic ritual for my crimes... at least not yet, anyway. It just means that someone has actually bothered to take notice of my humble vids and identify the background music from them, providing a handy tool should anyone wish to spend the princely sum of ninety-nine of their hard earned pennies (or something, I haven't checked the exact price yet) on owning a piece of music what you heard in a video.

Luckily they have no grounds to slap a copyright tag on the narration as I can confirm that voice is, in fact, mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment