Sunday 19 September 2010

Stuff From The Last Six Hours

So earlier today I managed to tear myself away from my home of 21 years in an effort to be one of those "make it on my own" kinda people. As it turns out, I was the last of seven people to arrive in this flat, meaning I've felt somewhat the outsider compared to the other six, who've had the best part of a night to get to know each other really well. As it happens, they felt for me and (even though they were going out anyway) invited me along for an exploration of the new hometown. Here's some stuff from the last six hours:

Moved in, had boxes everywhere and whilst trying to sort everything out and stressing out unbelievably, my dear mother was hellbent on having a cup of tea and chatting to my fellow fellows whilst father tried to force me to eat a cheese and onion sandwich, which quite frankly is a lost course since I don't like onion anyway.

Once the folks left and I was left with my "crew" (as I shall now refer to them since they are in fact my roommates... in Crewe), who managed to distract me from my organising and stressfulness for an afternoon of stuff including holding up a bus with no change and quite frankly no sense of direction, and discovering that a lot of places in town centres are closed on Sunday afternoons.

Luckily we had ASDA at our rescue, which was only fair since I needed refrigerated and frozen goods and had moneys left over from my dear old mother taking pity on my new found student life.

OK, I thought this post might end up being longer but to be honest I really can't be bothered now. I've spent the rest of the afternoon washing my cooking stuff before using and sorting this 'ere room out whilst attempting to fill the awkward "getting to know you" silences with awkward "getting to know you" conversation.

Now I have a cup of tea that's going cold and a bowl of Coco Pops going soggy, so shut up and leave me alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment