Tuesday 8 February 2011

Life And Other Such Things

Well, in the time it's taken me to get back to this thing, an entire January has passed.

My reasoning for not appearing this period of deadage goes thus:

  1. Not being at a computer over the Christmas and New Year season
  2. Focussing on work-related studies or study-related work
  3. Super Mario Galaxy 2
  4. Infrequent disruptions brought about by excessive noise
  5. Television
  6. Attempts at finishing the big-ass book I started way back in November, and
  7. Cremating onions
As you can see, it's been a busy time... filled out by life and other such things. Unfortunately the writing bug hasn't biten and bored its way through to my fingers lately. However, I've found that when it does, it tends to happen at night.

This discovery came about at least over a year ago now anyway, but in true "me"-style, it's taken me until now to act upon it. Hence why, as of about half an hour ago, a brand new place on this (probably) same server was created in honour of me and my "real" writings - which is essentially anything that isn't a rambling mess about how my life is boring, before going on to list a bunch of stuff that's actually occurred in it (see above).

On top of that, this new "serious" blog will be where I leave memos for myself with tips and inspiration from other writings I happen to find interesting, and possibly branch out to show the work of people I already know who write and feel like putting in some douchebag's blog... if they feel like it.

So sound the moderately-volumed fanfare and roll out the beige carpet with a red wine stain on it. For when the only way to write is to come alive at night... you run on lunar-powered energy.

http://lunarpowered.blogspot.com/

The Grand Proof-Read of 2011: That blog got posted to three times, none of which were anything to do with writing or tips about writing or anything related to writing at all. It lasted approximately a week and a half before dying a miserable and lonely death, and now only really exists to clog up the Internet that teeniest little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment