Tuesday 10 May 2011

I Can't Simulate My Own Handwriting

Due to either sheer laziness at this present moment in time, or awesome time organisation and planning, I'll be bringing you two (ja, zwei!) different short pieces of free writing as inspired by a photograph und a quote from a seminar today that seven (ja, sieben) people showed up for. Hopefully, these two pieces can make up for the evident laziness of the past few days. The following you're about to witness is actually word-for-word, format-for-format, except for the fact that the originals were handwritten and I can't simulate my own handwriting on this 'ere textimabob-maker. Sorry, but that's just the way binary works, I guess. And I'm still not sure why I'm switching between occasional words auf Deutsch and normal speak.

Free Writing Piece Nummer Eins!

 (not sure how clear that is to ye, the first sign says "2 Types of People in Life", then "Givers", then "Takers")


There are two types of people in life, those who will see the dirtiness of this picture and those who won't. Unfortunately, my warped mind makes me one of the former. Hence why I picked it out.

Have a 10-minute scribble about this? I ALREADY DID! I have nothing more to say about this picture, although why I picked it out must say something about my unconscious mind, as Freud would put it. Although, I suppose I still need to work out which of the two I am: a giver or a taker. Not necessarily in a physical, sexual sense as implied by the clever use of road signs, but in a general "life" way of either scrounging off other or giving things without getting anything back in return like love or compliments or money or sanity.

Free Writing Piece Nummer Zwei!

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

I would've thought that the world was round though, due to the simple fact that it is. How many round books do you know of? Do you realise how difficult that would be? They wouldn't stay on their respective celestial shelves. As we experience it, the world is one big page on the ground, essentially a map, and having a 1:1 scale map of the world seems a bit pointless really.

No comments:

Post a Comment