Sunday 1 May 2011

"Once A Day" Is Far Too Often

Well, I said I would, but evidently my brain didn't mean it. Here's the first of (what is intended to be) 31 entries of this month. Of course, I can't promise I'll stick to it, or even remember, since my brain/body/entire existence will most likely get annoyed after Day 2 and loudly proclaim that "once a day" is far too often. But therein lies the challenge, I guess.

Yes, I decided to make myself write stuff in here every day for the whole of May because I saw some other website have the idea, only for it to go down mere days before so I can't really cite it or redirect ye to it without ending up a page named "Crazy Dave's Crazy Domain Names 4 Sale... DOT COM". Anyway, I decided to give myself a limit (because I always tend to ramble on for an unspeakably stupid amount [like this {hey! more brackets within brackets!}]) so as to stop me from pointlessly going over the 1,000 word mark. So 750 is the benchmark for the next (potential) 31 of these 'ere thingys, some of which will probably go nowhere even near there, like this one for example. Can you tell I'm waffling and using random words like 'domain' and 'pointlessly' and 'the' to just pad this out? I tell you what, it really feels like it. It's pretty much what I've done with essay writing where I deliver everything in about three times as much space as I could've done just by talking normally, meaning that theoretically some very learned, educated, professional-type person could edit my essays down to a paragraph and a half, and fill the rest of the time with a very eloquent and perfectly executed bowel movement or ten. Speaking of which, my essays are pretty much done now.

I did actually think these finishing touches would take me whole days to do, but a combination of still looking at them when I've written them all out and the big glass rectangle of BLINDING COLOURED LIGHTS is distracting me terribly. By that, of course, I do mean the television, but one could easily be mistaken for thinking of my westerly-facing window in these increasingly longer Spring evenings, as the slowly setting sun makes its way towards the horizon RIGHT OUTSIDE MY BEDROOM WINDOW!!! I suppose it's nice that for literally an hour before sunset my room is just bathed in a brilliant orange, but the fact that the object of my distractions is right next to said window means torture for my retinas and frustration for my brain as it tries to work out what coloured snooker balls are left on the overhead-angled table.

Come to think of it, it's a bit ironic having my window onto the imaginary world right next to my window to the real world; almost like the rest of my room being so boring that one single side of it provides so much outlet to interesting...ness.

Ooop, here I go. Brain's dying. Fingers... failing. Words making less ond luss sornse. Blarrbl blehhbl, juccoriba word count of about five hondrod und something. Gunner go be-four Brian gives owt in-tyre-lee.

One down...

No comments:

Post a Comment