Wednesday 9 April 2014

The Easy Option

I can't live alone.

I absolutely could. I'd manage. It'd probably be the easiest way for me to live the life of day-to-day dull and drudgery I seem to have going for me. Ideally, I'd spend the rest of this paragraph coming up with all sorts of situational reasons to back this point up. However, since I've reached a certain point of hopelessness, apathy and another word that means "UURRGGHHAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH", I'm gonna use the words of someone else. I transcribe from the televisual text How I Met Your Mother: Season 7 Episode 21 - Now We're Even; author, Chuck Tatham.

"When I first moved into my new apartment, I was nervous. For the first time in my adult life I didn't have a roommate. But then it hit me. For the first time in my adult life I didn't have a roommate. If I wanna walk around naked, nobody cares. If I wanna leave the laundry basket in the middle of the living room, nobody stops me. If I bring home soup from the deli and leave it in the fridge for two days, nobody eats it. And if I do something collossally stupid, nobody ever has to know."

Okay, I probably would've done it much more British-y than that. I mean, like I'd bring soup home from a deli. But the fact remains that living on my own would be the easy option for me. If only it was, actually, an option. But it's not.

I can't live alone. I can't afford it.

Instead, I need to rely on others to contribute financially, just like I need to rely on others to write half my blog posts for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment