Friday 10 April 2009

Dearest Liver...

Oh Liver, I'm afraid I must apologise in advance for the torturous abuse you are about to receive. Sure, you thought last night was pretty bad, but really last night was just a warm-up. You see, even though the northernmost quarter of the Emerald Isle is technically part of this country, geographically it is in fact (believe it or not) part of said Emerald Isle. And because of the beverages with a certain amount of alcoholic content pretty much running like tap water (you know like orange juice in Florida, or actual tap water here), I think I can safely say that for the next 6 days I'm going to be feeling eternally drungover... you know, that kind of hungover where you're still kinda drunk from the night before so end up drinking more alcohol to cure it...

Anyway, yeah... I promise you, oh sweet Liver, that you need not be replaced in some kind of transplant operation but I'm sorry to inform you that you might feel a week-long burning and stinging sensation.

Love and kisses,
The rest of the body.

(PS: To make up for it I'll run a marathon when we come back so as to punish Heart into feeling a similar amount of pain... maybe not though, I don't really like running)

No comments:

Post a Comment