Saturday 28 November 2009

We Are The Chronologically Challenged Of Today

Because apparently we can't use the word "Youth" any more for fear of hurting kids' feelings, whether they have knives and knuckle-dusters or not.

'It's OK if you hurt my feelings, I'll just hurt your kidneys'

Anyhoo, I just read that Politically Correct/Incorrect/Debatable/Neutral/Who-the-hell-really-cares story and decided to write somewhere about it and figured "Hey... I've got this..."

I've been observing a certain aspect about young people recently, though. Mainly in habits and attitudes and I've pretty much had this whole rant about a certain something circling around in my head for weeks now. I've wanted to put it up here but out of fear of looking like I hate people and looking like I want to make them look bad, I've had cold feet about the whole thing. Having said that, it's just come to my attention that it's extrememly likely that nobody is actually reading this. Hell, I doubt anybody knows this space on the web exists.

Maybe tomorrow then. I'm too tired now and what with the silly season approaching thick and fast now (Remember folks, just another 26 shopping days left before the anniversary of the birth of some magical fellow called Jesus and the death of some musical fellow called James Brown) people, more specifically 'customers', are becoming more and more wrapped up (no pun intended) in their holiday shopping. The consequence of this, more stupidity, more stuff left lying around unwanted, more ignorance and arrogance leading to me doing more work. And I know, work is supposed to be just that, work. But I can't help feeling a little co-operation would be at least showcased at some point.

Ack, just moaning on and on about nothing I can do anything about, I guess. But still, the worst perpetrators tend to be those further on up the chronological scale. I would call them "Old" but out of fear of being considered Politically Incorrect, I'd like to settle for "Youthfully Challenged". Of course, as previously established, we shouldn't really use "Youth" any more and so I therefore have no other alternative but to opt for labelling these folk... (deep breath) "Chronologically Challenged, Challenged". However, much like when two negatives cancel each other out and form a positive, so too do the two 'challenges' neutralise each other. So really, the best way to describe the older generation is "Chronological"... or the very definition of Time itself!

Like I said, nobody's reading this... at least not any more!

No comments:

Post a Comment