Monday 23 November 2009

Greeeetings from Windows 7!!!

So here it is! Finally, the end to all my pissing and moaning about not having any decent equipment to get on with work of the moving visual kind.

I finally have a funkay computer (which is, like, a step up from "funky") with the capabilities of Windows 7 thrown onto it, with such features as snapping things to the sides, shaking single windows to clear the place up, and some weird cursor glow over active programs in the taskbar... and no, I'm not actually a representative of Microsoft biggin' it up fo' da Windows 7 massive! I just find it quite funky, or funkay as I've already established. But it does run at an impecable speed that if only my Internet connection could keep up I'd be so ecstatic I might as well pop, which would unfortunately cause quite a mess in this little corner of my room where I've set everything up.

....Anyway, with all good things come a downside... the crippling downside of this one being that as of this day I have no edit software on the dang-blasted thing. Still I'm remaining optimistic, despite the fact that it was actually being pessimistic that got me to this point.

See this time last week, in that pathetic excuse for an institute of learning we affectionately call "college" (because let's face it, "pathetic excuse for an institute of learning" just uses too much breath), I was feeling like I was getting nowhere very slowly with three projects to complete within just shy of a month and no discernable way of physically doing them, I needed to take matters into my own hands. Screw saving! Four hundred and eight of my hard-earned pounds went into fuelling the bits and bobs which would eventually become the machine I so affectionately call "Clancy". Over the course of the week a wee bit more was pissed away on my endeavours to get the latest W7 (that's short for "Windows 7" since I can't be bothered typing out "Windows 7" every time... even though I now realise I just typed it twice) and a monitor of sorts so that I can actually view what ol' Clancy's trying to show us.

Pretty much, it's now a Monday on from last Monday and I still feel like I'm getting nowhere slowly with said three projects. Nevertheless, the difference between this week and last is that now I'm confident I'll actually be able to get something done without having to rely on the institute of apparent nothingness.

I am of course exaggerating here. Obviously the college does have suffienct equipment available for its students... just very limited access to it. That is until now, since of course numerous amounts of complaints have finally led to someone making a decision this week into allowing us more access. But I say "too little too late, mere mortals! I've got a Clancy now!"

"Why Clancy?" you may ask, to which I reply with an incoherent "Uh-unno?" accompanied with a jolt of the shoulders and pathetic head tilt.

In other news, certain people have come back into my life, same people have left my life once again, and the world keeps on spinnin'... just like my poor confused brain!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment