Tuesday 17 May 2011

No Amount Of Sorries Can Turn Back Time

Well, I only done gone and failed, di'n I?

I managed to make it 15 days, and even though technically to me it's still Monday, technically to the world it's Tuesday because apparently midnight is the cut off point. Although, exactly which midnight is open to interpretation (in my head). Apparently, in the United States of Arsefacery, it's very late in the evening, so I suppose you could imagine I've been stuck on a long haul flight for a few hours before posting this, rather than accepting the fact that this thing slipped my mind all day.

Unfortunately, I only have finite space for cranial thinking in this 'ere 'ead o' mine. So little in fact that I'm miss'n out s' many le'ers 'n' 'avin' 'o resor' to excessive use o' apostrophes. As it happens, having to remember the fact that I needed to buy milk earlier in the day forced any thoughts of remembering to make words appear here out of my head and into the ether of tomorrowdom, where, now after midnight, the thought has attacked my brain and made me feel like I have to apologise every 20 seconds for neglecting this thing all day, even though no amount of sorries can turn back time.

With nothing to talk about, other than chastise myself for my complete lack of the ability to remember stuff, I shall go on with the day's boringest highlight: the notebook. Not even sure if I mentioned anything here or not so I'll start from the beginning. When is this beginning? Thursday evening.

I got money for being a student. Yay. Et cetera. I spent 180 British pounds (well, 179 British pounds and 99 little Fruit Salads) on a notebook computer. This notebook computer, in fact; the one on which I'm typing and having to retype words a few times over because I keep messing them up because the thing's so small and the letter-making buttons are far much closer together than I'm used to. Anyway, technically the story starts last Monday, but forget that, that's just the purchase date. Thursday evening, I get the thing, out the box, plugged into wall, and within two hours I've managed to mess it up. FUN!

By mess it up, I really mean "try to be clever but ultimately end up being an arse-tit" (arse-tit noun, stupid person who acts like an arse and a tit at the same time, thus being unable to differentiate between the two) I didn't do anything too bad, but it was bad enough to make me not want to continue using it. Luckily though, common sense prevailed and the lovely little "DELETE EVERYTHING - START AGAIN" function courtesy of the Packard Bell corporation took hold of this thing and, well, started the whole thing from factory settings. Yay for factory settings!

Now it means I can use this on my travels instead of resorting to other means including the technological advances of an iPod Touch or a borrowed computer with all the capabilities of Windows 2000.

Now alls I need is to go on travels... Oh that's right, I'm off to America to post this just in the knick of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment