Tuesday 3 May 2011

Not Much Really Of Interest

My source of inspiratrion somethingeveryday.co.uk is back in the virtual realms of quasi-existence; so long CRAZY DAVE! It's nice that I can finally direct you to it, but it's fairly obvious that what I'm actually doing is hoping that if anyone does go there from here, the folks at SomethingEveryDay will take note of this humble source of redirection and want me to write super awesome hilarious things for them in exchange for scraps (I live off bread crusts and my own toenails now). With that theory though, I seem to be under the impression that a lot of people come here in the first place which is, regrettably, so far from the truth it needs super-laser-vision to properly see an eye chart that looks something like this:

T
W O
P L U S T
W O I S F O U
R . . . D U M B A S S

So in my quest to drum up Internet traffic I begin doing stupid stuff that I find difficult to do, like, oh, I don't know, forcing myself to churn out a huge ramble once every day even if I have nothing to ramble about. Altogether, I end up babbling, like this what I am doing now, for no particular reason, other than to extend this particular sentence on and on and on and on and on a little bit further... and then some.

I should be used to being able to throw words at a blank space with relative ease by now; this time last month I spoke about my predicament of having to come up with over 8,000 of the multi-alphabetical buggars for the sake of assessment, which is really just another word for "so we know you haven't just wasted the last seven months of your, and our, lives listening to our knowledgeable stuff that you're not going to bother taking any notice of", which, incidentally (just because of its sheer length, boringness and mind-fucking complexity) could easily pass itself off as an essay question, if you're ever taking a course at University in Taking a Course at University.

However, it's a bit hit-and-miss when there's not much really of interest to even babble about, let alone rant. I suppose I could talk about the fact that my shopping endeavours took a little over one hour today, or the fact that I tried to dye bits of my hair purple so it would look like an orange and purple mess but instead looks blandly orange on the front and blindingly violet at the back, or even the fact that I had a cup of tea today. Unfortunately none of these events seem (to me, at least) remotely interesting, let alone moderately.

One thing that did worry me quite early on in the day (by which I mean within the first seven minutes of up-waking) was how the computer miraculously lost connection to the Internet: any student's and geek's worst nightmare. I had the same trouble literally the day before the first of the month (i.e. the last of last month) where I spent most of nine-and-a-half minutes on the corded telephone (I didn't know they still had those either) to the University's tech support, who couldn't resolve the problem. However, leaving the bloody machine switched off for four hours seemed to do the trick after one hour of relentlessly switching it off and on again, whilst wailing through frustrated tears about how it worked the last time I had it on. Luckily, this morning's techno-fuck-up lasted a mere forty-eight seconds and it was at this point I realised how specific I get with regard to timings.

However, I was going to mention this in the event of such disastrousness, but I think it would be far easier to alert the folks now that should my connectivity to this 'ere Web ever be a temperamental bitch to me again, I'll be forced to use the 3G-ness of my crappy-WAPpy phone with all the latest features at the height of 2007 to complete my daily onslaught here. In such an event, prepare for something that looks like this:

internets broke, so im stuck using the phone for this post. my god typing is boring, but i cant stand predictive. anyway, gonna go now cos its taken me seven hours to write that and im not sure i can be bothered fini

It's about this point in the day that I realised I'm doing weird centralised formats too.

No comments:

Post a Comment