Wednesday 7 March 2012

Ad-libbing

I've been sat here looking at a blank screen for half an hour now, trying to think of some kind of topic to do moaning about. Well, actually, that's a lie. If truth be told I've ended up writing a sentence, realising it wouldn't go anywhere, erasing it, writing another sentence, realising it wouldn't go anywhere, erasing it, and slamming my head into the desk repeatedly. Unfortunately, it's difficult to expand that into anything more; trust me, I've tried it, but then I erased it and began this particular sentence instead.

Just now, I even considered highlighting all of that and hitting the "Delete" key but stopped myself when I realised that would've just resulted in a waste of another three or four minutes of my stay on planet Earth with no evidence to show for it.

As it turns out, ad-libbing these things isn't as easy, or as fruitful, or as some third thing when your mindspace doesn't want to co-operate.

That said, maybe it's too busy engrossed in the work I have yet to do and so little time left in which to do it. In that case, what the heck am I still doing here? Screw this for the moment, I'm staring a potential degree in its hypothetical face and it ain't gonna get itself.

Same goes for next week, I suppose. Unless, of course, something of vague and mediocre interest happens. Stay tuned for a tale along the lines of "I finally figured out how to comfortably eat Chinese food using chopsticks", although that wouldn't really be true because I did that yesterday and, in fact, it was one of the original sentences I started this with which I got rid of because it couldn't stand on its own as the sole topic of an entire blog post.

But at least I brought that idea back from the brink and am able to prove what a small portion of my life-time was initially wasted on.

No comments:

Post a Comment